Share your research with your peers in the Safety Profession. The third annual ASSE Interactive Research Poster Sessions at the Safety 2015 Professional Development Conference. Occupational Safety and Health educators, students, professionals, researchers and others are urged to submit original contributions related to the fields of safety, health and environment that can be displayed in an educational poster format.
The purpose of the Safety 2015 Interactive Research Poster Session is to provide a means of stimulating interest in occupational safety and health research, as well as communicating other useful OSH information to the profession including best practices, new program initiatives, etc. In addition, participants are asked to send a video of themselves presenting their research. Videos will be available during the conference, and attendees will vote for the "People's Choice" as well as the best in each category. Selected videos will be included as a contributor in the ASSE Body of Knowledge (BOK)!
- Undergraduate Student
- Graduate Student (Full time student)
- Other (including Faculty and Government)
ASSE’s Professional Conference connects peers, leaders in the field and others who share common goals, interests and needs
- Put your research in front of thousands of practicing Safety professionals
- Add an esteemed research presentation to your resume
- Have an opportunity to present a video describing your poster session and possibly contribute to the ASSE Body of Knowledge
- Receive a complimentary conference registration for students and graduate students
Complete the proposal form no later than March 9, 2015 and include a video presentation (2-3 minutes) explaining your research and findings. Posters are reviewed by a committee and those selected to be showcased as finalists at the conference will be notified no later than April 6, 2015. Your poster will be judged by a panel of ASSE members and Practice Specialty members during the conference and a winner from each of the three categories will be announced Monday morning after the final judging. In addition, you will need to be available with your poster at select times during the conference for question and answer sessions regarding your poster.
Video presentations will be shown during the conference and attendees will have the opportunity to vote for the “People’s Choice”. The winning video will be included as a contributor in the ASSE Body of Knowledge (BOK)!
All accepted poster presenters must be present with their poster at the following specific times:
- Monday, June 8 from 9:00am – 10:30am
- Tuesday, June 9 from 9:00am – 10:00am
All submissions must include expected learning objectives to identify future/potential OSH Good Practices. Student applicants are advised to have a Faculty Advisor review their abstract before submission. Structured abstracts should include only essential content areas for communicating educational and research information. "Purpose” and “methods" sections are required for all abstracts. Abstracts reflecting completed research must also contain “results” and “conclusions” sections.
The submission deadline is March 9, 2015. Include with your submission, a video, link to YouTube or a PowerPoint with audio explaining your poster. There is a limit of 2 poster submissions per person.
Presenters will be notified by email by April 6, 2015. Registration information will be provided at that time for those individuals who are presenting. No more that (2) presenters will be allowed to register as co-presenters for each poster session.
- Students and Graduate student presenters will receive a complimentary registration (up to two registrations per poster).
- Other (including government and faculty) presenters will receive a $100 discount off the PDC applicable conference registration rate (up to two registrations per poster).
- You are responsible for your own hotel and travel arrangements. Please be sure to arrange your own travel transportation and hotel prior to the conference.
NOTE: Should your poster presentation be chosen to display at the PDC, ASSE retains the rights to publish any papers or video footage in its various publications and include in its Body of Knowledge.
- Poster set-up is Sunday, June 7 prior to 2:00pm, preferably by 10:00am.
- Your poster must remain on display from Sunday, June 7 at 2:00pm until Wednesday, June 10 at 2:00pm.
- Posters must remain up until Wednesday, June 10 after 2:00pm. Any posters left after 4:30pm will be discarded.
- Poster display should be designed to fit on a standard bulletin board (4’H x 8’L).
- Small display table under each bulletin board can be used for additional materials.
- Poster submitter is responsible for all expenses associated with the preparation, submission, presentation, and personal travel to attend the event.
- There is no requirement for membership in ASSE, but registration for Safety 2015 is required.
- Video submissions are not mandatory but encouraged.
- Final number of accepted posters will depend on final space and logistics requirements.
Questions? Contact Cindy Milner at (847) 768-3448 or via email at email@example.com